Australia is a stable, democratic and culturally diverse nation with a highly skilled workforce and one of the strongest performing economies in the world.
With spectacular landscapes and a rich ancient culture, Australia is a land like no other. It is the earth’s sixth-largest country in land area and is the only nation to govern an entire continent.
Australia in Brief provides an authoritative overview of Australia’s history, the land, its people and their way of life. It also looks at Australia’s economic, scientific and cultural achievements and its foreign, trade and defence policies.
Living in Australia will be a new experience, but there are support services in your institution as well as from other organisations to help make adjusting to life in Australia easier.
As Australia is the fourth happiest country in the world (Prosperity Index 2012) and we have five of the 30 best cities in the world for students (Top University Rankings 2012), you are sure to enjoy your time here.
10 Reasons to Study in Australia
- Australia has the 3rd highest number of international students in the world
- 8 out of 100 top universities in the world is in Australai
- Australia have over 22,000 courses across 1,100 institutions
- university system ranking-9th in the world ahead of Germany, New Zealand and Japan
- 5 out of 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia
- More than $200 million provided by the Australian Government each year in international scholarships
- There is every chance Australia has you covered, with at least one Australian university in the top 50 worldwide across the study areas of Natural Sciences & Mathematics, Life & Agricultural Sciences, Clinical Medicine & Pharmacy, and Physics
- 2,500,000 international alumni of Australian institutions are making a difference around the world
- Australia has produced 15 Nobel prize laureates
- Over one billion people around the world rely on Australia discoveries and innovations everyday
For more detail
|Department of Immigration and Border Protection||www.border.gov.au/|
|Official Australian Government site for studying in Australia||www.studyinaustralia.gov.au|
|Australian Qualification Framework||www.aqf.edu.au/|
|Australian Education Network University and College Guide||www.australian-universities.com|
|Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)||www.oshcworldcare.com.au|
|Vocational education and training information||www.training.com.au|
|The National Training Information Service (NTIS)||www.ntis.gov.au|