Thailand, officially the Kingdom of Thailand, formerly known as Siam, is a country at the centre of the Indochinese peninsula in Southeast Asia. With a total area of approximately 513,000 km2 (198,000 sq mi), Thailand is the world’s 50th-largest country. It is the 20th-most-populous country in the world, with around 66 million people. The capital and largest city is Bangkok.
Thailand is a constitutional monarchy and has switched between parliamentary democracy and military junta for decades, the latest coup being in May 2014 by the National Council for Peace and Order. Its capital and most populous city is Bangkok. It is bordered to the north by Myanmar and Laos, to the east by Laos and Cambodia, to the south by the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia, and to the west by the Andaman Sea and the southern extremity of Myanmar. Its maritime boundaries include Vietnam in the Gulf of Thailand to the southeast, and Indonesia and India on the Andaman Sea to the southwest.
About Webster University
Attend Webster University Thailand and you’ll find the entire country is your classroom for education. Thailand is a land of excitement and adventure, and Webster University Thailand offers the perfect opportunity to experience the country while earning an American -accredited degree at an American university. In fact, Webster University is the only American university in Thailand accredited both in U.S.A and Thailand.
Outside of campus, the weekend getaways include the white sand beaches of Phuket, the secluded island of Phi Phi, the UNESCO World Heritage sites like the ancient capital city of Ayutthaya, or the shopping centers of Bangkok.
The Cha-am campus offers undergraduate programs. It is a closely-knit community of students, faculty and staff occupying a delightful rural setting, situated close to the resort town of Cha-am, only 185 km south of Bangkok. Some student housing is located right on the beach or close to the town of Hua Hin. Graduate and undergraduate programs are offered in Bangkok at the Bangkok Center, with outstanding facilities in the heart of the city’s business district.
Location, Facilities and Accessibility
Bangkok Academic Center
- Located at Empire Tower at Sathorn (CBD), one of Bangkok’s most exclusive business towers and home to Thailand’s corporate elite
- Easily accessible via public transportation (Chong Nonsi BTS Skytrain Station and the Bus Rapid Transport, Sathorn)
- Facilities include spacious classroom, computer lab, library and reading room, meeting rooms, food pavilion,
rentail shops, data center etc
- Technologically sophisticated with Wifi Internet, advanced video conference facility and academic technology services such as Canvas, Vidyo, WebEX and Connections
Cha-Am/ Hua Hin Campus
- Located in the twin city of Cha-Am/Hua Hin, about 185 km (2hours drive) South of Bangkok
- A small, closely-knot family of students, faculty and staff amidst a delightful rural setting
- Facilities to support your educational experience: computer labs, library, cafeteria, gym, tennis and basketball courts
- The entire campus has Wifi internet and cozy student lounges, perfect places to catch up with your school buddies online or just to take a break between classes
- Transportation is provided between town center, housing and campus
- Most class are scheduled from Monday until Thursday which leaves plenty of time to travel to Bangkok and explore Thailand
Know More about Webster University CLICK HERE