The United States of America is a large country in North America, often referred to as “the USA”, “the US”, “the United States”, “the United States of America”, “the States”, or simply “America”. Home to the world’s third-largest population, with over 318 million people, it includes both densely populated cities with sprawling suburbs and vast, uninhabited natural areas.With its history of mass immigration dating from the 17th century, it is a “melting pot” of cultures from around the world and plays a dominant role in the world’s cultural landscape. It’s home to a wide array of popular tourist destinations, ranging from the skyscrapers of Manhattan and Chicago to the natural wonders of Yellowstone and Alaska, to the warm, sunny beaches of Florida, Hawaii and Southern California.The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean. Major Atlantic Coast cities are New York, a global finance and culture center, and capital Washington, DC. Midwestern metropolis Chicago is known for influential architecture.
- With over 4000 universities across the country, the United States boasts of some of the top universities in the world and they offer a wide range of degrees and courses in all academic fields.
- US degrees are recognized and accepted around the world for their excellence. 16 universities of USA are among the top 20 in the world according to the latest rankings.
- U.S. universities offer research and training opportunities to international students at the graduate level. A student can assist a Professor by being a Teaching Assistant to them which also helps in funding their studies and also helps in the broadening of their knowledge and skill set. Students can assist professors with research on different projects and it also gives them an opportunity to work with the best in their chosen field of study.
- U.S. takes pride in its technological advancement and it has made sure that all spectrums of the education sector are well equipped with the latest technology. It is said that technology plays a pivotal role in research and development and American universities have made sure they do not fall behind when it comes to the advancement of their facilities and their students by introducing new methods and skills to the learning curve.
- It is often said that the American society is the epitome of freedom, fun and opportunity and it is quite true. Once a student decides to take admission to an American university, it brings in a lot of enthusiasm and freedom from the word go. It is said once a student sets foot on American soil, they start imbibing the culture that US of A brings with its name. Studying in U.S. can give you opportunities to know and learn about other cultures and sharing your culture with your international friends.
- It is challenging for international students to adhere or get accustomed to the new student life in an international university. However, most US universities provide good guidance and support to all the students whether it is related to accommodation, visa status, career opportunities, etc.